Your guests are never going to call before showing up at your door. In some cases, they may suddenly decide to spend the night at your place. No matter if things are planned or not, you can’t let them sleep somewhere on the ground because of lacking space. That’s Embarrassing!
A smart and quick solution is grabbing temporary beds that retail for amazingly affordable prices. Here, we’ll talk about the 8 Best Temporary Guest Bed options to try.
Table could not be displayed.
My Recommended Temporary Beds for Guests at a glance:
- LUCID Rollaway Folding Guest Bed – Best Temporary Guest Bed with Mattress
Extremely comfy and supportive, Quick setup and folding system, Easy to assemble and store, Can hold up to 350 lbs. of weight
- King Koil California King Luxury Raised Air Mattress – Best Temporary Mattress for Guests
King-sized, 1-year guarantee, User-friendly, Quick & simple inflation / deflation, coil-beam construction, built-in pillow
- Zinus Memory Foam Resort Folding Guest Bed – Best Memory Foam Folding guest bed
Comes with wheels, Premium quality Memory foam, Sturdy build quality, Foldable frame, twin-size bed
- Milliard Tri-Fold Foam Folding Mattress and Sofa Bed – Best Space-saving Convertible guest beds
Perfect for small home, Beautiful design, Robust structure, Removable soft cover, machine-washable cover, Convenient to use
- Zinus 6 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress – Best Heavy-duty Mattress for Guests
Poly Jacquard Cover, moisture-absorbing, Good for sleep, Crafted with Durable materials, Provides Refreshing Feel
- Zinus Weekender Elite Folding Guest Bed – Best Folding Guest Bed with Storage Bag
Deluxe steel frame, Lightweight, Pressure Relieving foam, Simple Folding System, Compact
- Etekcity Queen Size Air Mattress Blow Up Guest Bed – Best Temporary Mattress for Living Room
650 pounds weight capacity, Fast and effortless setup, Double layer construction, Waterproof, Easy to store, Built-in Pump, Easy to carry and good for camping
Walker Edison Twin Bunk Bed over Workspace – Best For Kids with desk Underneath
220 lbs. weight capacity, Easy to assemble, space-saving design, Attractive appearance, Heavy-duty guardrails, 2 integrated shelves
8 Best Temporary Guest Bed Reviews: Premium Picks
Without wasting further time, let’s jump right into the complete reviews:
1. LUCID Rollaway Folding Guest Bed- Best Overall
If you are looking for comfortable options in the recent market, the Lucid brand is our top pick. It not only gives your a comfortable night’s rest but also gives a homely feel even in other houses.
The and design. It allows your to or rest at ease without feeling bouncy or stiff. This also absorbs impacts. comes with a good 4 inches
We also love its 11 inches heavy-duty steel frame that ensures users can easily stow luggage below. This also ensures no trouble of rust or corrosion. You are also able to store your essential things under the .
Unlike other brands, this comes with a bamboo cover on top to make sure you ideally with no sensitivity. With this feature, guests who are struggling with sensitive skin won’t feel irritated when sleeping.
On the whole, this temporary is a decent pick for those who want good investment and strong options. It is also quite simple to fold or roll.
- Bed frame is very light and durable
- Amazing bed for guests to sleep
- The wheels help to move around
- It’s a good option for the price
- Mattress is thicker than average rollaway beds
- Many people find their customer service bad
2. King Koil Luxury Raised Air Guest Bed- Runner Up
Wanna buy the best temporary for sleepovers? The King Koil brand is what you need to notice. This king-size cot comes with a folded so that users can fold it easily to carry when traveling.
King Koil brand also comes with 1-year quality assurance with no extra cost for their buyers to get a decent replacement. On top of that, they make sure their buyers are getting the best quality available. Plus, they offer good customer service too for solving their buyer’s struggles.
This ‘s is also made of a soft flocking layer and a built-in pillow so that your finds optimal comfort when sleeping. This also includes innovative airbed technology that assures users are getting maximum relaxation and a soothing feel.
But that’s not all. This also includes an extra thick waterproof comfort quilt top with extra spinal support. It on top makes sure you can easily wipe the surface when in need of cleaning.
Overall, this temporary has everything for users to get comfortable and lifelong support. It also comes with a 120V AC pump to inflate or deflate air for the next use.
- It is super comfortable to sleep
- The brand's customer service is first class
- It comes with amazing patch kits to sleep better
- The bed retains the air without a need to re-inflate
- Easy to set up and put away
- A few people find the size not accurate
3. Zinus Memory Foam Resort Folding Guest Bed
This amazing guest or travel the securely closed when you are storing it. from the Zinus brand comes with a strap and hook design for users to simply store it after use. Also, this design keeps
On top of that, this comes with traditional petroleum with natural plant oil and green tea extract to help absorb moisture. Also, you don’t need to spray frequently thanks to the natural active charcoal extract that eliminates odors for keeping it fresh.
The comes with 1 inch of and 4 inches of high-density base support foam. This not only helps your guests to find relief but also assures them to and relax. This thing also assures your guests feel cozy even if they are far away from home.
The also comes with solid steel foldable frames that give no pain of rust or breakage. It is on top certified by CertiPUR-US for durability, performance, and content.
If you are looking for a that features matching fabric on the and frame with good quality foam, then it’s a decent option.
- It comes with 1 year of warranty service.
- The mattress is firm in design for lifelong support.
- Simple to fold or unfold within 15 seconds.
- It includes 4 wheels in the bottom.
- The bed is cozy for adults to sleepovers.
- Not a good option for tall people.
4. Milliard Tri-Fold Foam Folding Mattress and Sofa Bed
from the Milliard brand comes with perfect versatility and functional benefits to become your favorite choice. It will allow you to convert it into a swiftly. are awesome as they require no . Just turn them into a in the morning! Here, this temporary
What’s the best part? This portable comes with a simple yet elegant design for users to enjoy sleeping cozily. Moreover, it is quite simple to carry or move for its lightweight nature. This thing also allows you to decor with no-snag of moving or carrying.
This also features a removable and machine washable soft cover that is easy to clean after use. It saves your time and effort as you don’t need to rub harshly for cleaning it.
Made out of CertiPUR-US, this makes sure you get the high-density foam so that your doesn’t sag. It also helps your to never feel impact or bounce when sleeping.
Generally speaking, this Millard guy is a decent pick for those who want a with unfolding and folding options for video gaming. It is also a great option for college dorms, camping, or traveling to other places.
- It can convert into a sofa or bed quickly
- For the quality, it’s hard to beat
- The seats of this bed are not heavy at all
- It is super easy to carry and move
- The fabric is tough and durable
- Some people find trouble with the zipper
5. Zinus 6 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
Another mention of the Zinus brand that features this green tea . It ensures your never feels a bad odor.
This is also equipped with a 6 inches that makes sure to provide conforming comfort. It allows your to enjoy a thick yet cozy that goes well with the natural shape of the body.
With high-density base supportive foam, this also makes sure to last for a longer period of time. The brand offers an unbeatable 10 years of warranty option so that you get a decent replacement to return. It also ensures full free refund benefits so that users don’t spend extra.
Besides, the is small and decent for one person to comfortably. So, rest assured knowing your friend is sleeping well with no trouble of bounces or impact reaction.
In short, this is one of the finest picks for a and for those who want reliving support with high-end foam. No germs will attack as it contains castor natural seed oil agents.
- This temporary bad comes at an affordable price
- Though it’s tough in design, people find it cozy to sleep
- It’s a good option for adults and babies to use
- Trouble-free to clean the surface
- It ensures users with minimal bounce
- Sadly, it isn’t a cooling gel mattress
6. Zinus Weekender Elite Folding Guest Bed
Zinus Weekender Elite Folding comes with a good foam surface with a storage bag that is rainproof to clean well. It also needs no extra stuff to clean the surface.
This folding offers a comfortable 4 inches that gives your friend relief when sleeping. It also comes with 1-inch fiber padding that delivers extra comfort for getting a relaxing . This thing on top makes sure you get a good night and day when feeling tired.
Moreover, It comes with premium deluxe steel frames that ensure you can fold or unfold whenever you desire. The also takes less and is easy to store in any . It is on top quite light in weight and simple to move around.
Besides, this has good quality foam that is certified from CertiPUR-US. It is also great in performance, stability, and comfortable so that your finds no issue when sleeping.
Usually, this sleeping is a favorite choice of most people who want perfect and hotel-standard options. It is also a good pick as a .
- The mattress of this bed is super cozy
- One of the best temporary guest beds for quality
- It comes with a carrying box to store
- The bed is pretty solid when it begins installing
- It has decent value for the price
- Most people find it huge when folded.
7. Etekcity Queen Size Air Mattress Blow Up Guest Bed
Etekcity Blow Up comes with tough yet comfortable inner construction that makes it cozy like a real . It on top has the capacity of 650 pounds to bear for a deep all night.
With quick and convenient setups, this has an electric pump that inflates the to desired firmness in about 3 to 5 minutes. The also can be stored in any small place with no trouble.
Unlike other low-quality , this product is made of double-layer puncture-free material that ensures the maintains its form. It is also waterproof which makes sure you can clean at ease after each use.
It also has indented sides that allow regular pocket sheets for up to 18 inches deep to stay on snugly. The package comes with a storage bag that carries the so that you can take it when going to other places.
To sum up, this temporary is a good pick for its light-weighted materials and compact design. It has superior welding that makes sure your moves with no noise.
- There is a storage bag for storing beds
- It doesn’t seep or lose air
- Excellent bang for the quality and price
- The mattress is comfortable and supportive
- It comes with good client support for solving issues
- The bed doesn’t last for a longer period of time
8. Walker Edison Timothee Urban Twin over Workspace Metal Bunk Bed
If you want a guest bed with desk underneath for kids, this excellent Walker Edison bed with heavy-duty build quality can the best bunk bed with desk underneath. Though it doesn't look like a traditional guest bed, it can be a brilliant idea to use this bunk bed as a guest bed for small apartments.
The Walker Edition bed is made with sturdy metal and it can easily withstand up to 200 lbs. of weight which is great for kids. Also, the loft bed comes with 2 side rails which makes it super secure for kids. With 42" D x 79" H x 71" L dimension and robust ladders, your kids will find it really comfortable. You can easily fit most twin beds having 5" to 9" of thickness,
The desk given underneath the twin workstation makes the thing further versatile and 2 shelves each holding up to 25 lbs. of weight will be handy options for keeping things organized. Don't worry about its assembly as it includes step by step assembly instructions for less hassle.
Overall, in my opinion, it's the best loft with desk underneath for kids which makes your guest room look more appealing.
- Beautiful appearance
- Heavy-duty build quality
- Easy to assemble with easy instructions
- Space-saving and sleek design
- Ladders are sturdy but painful
How to Choose the Best Temporary Guest Bed?
Finding yourself a quality temporary guest bed needs you to mull over a few important things. Let’s talk about the major and common ones.
The Right Weight Limit
You don't be able to ever guess the weight of your upcoming guests. They can weigh more or less. But that does not mean you can bring a poor temporary bed with the least weight limit only to embarrass yourself.
It’s best to always buy something that comes with a high weight limit. Usually, it’s great to get the ones with 300 or more pounds of the weight limit.
Simple Setting Up
Even without any prior experience, you should be able to assemble the bed yourself. The process should be relatively simple and something less to worry about when a sudden guest is sitting at your drawing room waiting for you to arrange a bed to sleep at your place. Usually, these temporary beds are simple with the installation. So, there’s not very much to worry about in most cases.
A thick mattress is, of course, comfortable to sleep on. But also, keep in mind that folding a thick mattress will need extra energy. So, you should go through the middle path.
Grab something that comes with two to six inches of thickness. Your guest should not feel uncomfortable with the frame and also you should be able to easily fold it the next morning.
Inflatable VS Foldable
Air mattress comes with an inflatable configuration. You can use them with good height and these are also made from quality material. Holding a person throughout the night is relatively better with air mattresses. You don’t need to worry much about storage as well since these are quick to deflate, fold, roll, and stay in the corner.
However, if better ground clearance is what you need, then foldable beds are better options. These come with strong metal frames and comfy mattresses as well. The choice actually depends on what you are needing. Both are good in their own way.
7 Popular Types of Temporary G Beds
When you're hosting overnight guests, you want to provide them with a place to that is comfortable and convenient. You may not have the space or time for an extra . So what do you do?
There are plenty of options designed specifically for temporary sleeping arrangements in your home. Here are some of the most popular types:
- Pull out beds: These can be stored under a couch or chair when they're not in use. They require minimal assembly before use and fold up easily after use, too. The only downside is that they take up more than other options on this list because they need to be pulled out from under furniture when needed (hence the name!).
- Pull down : This is hidden away out of sight, usually under the stairs. Pull-down beds are easy to assemble and can be accessed quickly when needed. However, they require installation for this function, which may not be something you want to do in your home or room for guests.
- : This type basically unfolds from a so it's ready for use in a matter of seconds. It's an ideal option if you want to provide your guests with some extra seating and sleeping space at the same time. However, these beds can be bulky and take up a lot of space, so they may not be suitable for smaller homes or apartments.
- : Air mattresses are a popular choice for guests because they're easy to set up and take down. They're also relatively lightweight and can be transported easily. However, they don't always provide the most comfortable sleeping experience, and some people find them difficult to get on and off of.
- Folding : These are the most lightweight and compact option for guests because they can be folded up when not being used so you have more room in your home. However, they're not always available at all times or ideal to use full-time.
- Zip and link : This is essentially 2 single beds that are joined together to make a larger . This is a good option if you have 2 guests who want their own sleeping space.
- Box : Box beds are similar to folding beds, but they don't fold up as small. They're a good option if you want something that's a bit more comfortable than an but that's still easy to store when not in use.
No matter what type of temporary you choose, it's important to make sure your guests are comfortable and have a good night's . With the right in place, they'll be well-rested and ready to take on the world when they leave your home!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the right size for a guest bed?
Depending on one’s preference, it should be enough if it comes in 10” x 10” – 10” x 14”. You also need to check the size if you have enough space to walk into the room.
What is a temporary guest bed?
Temporary guest beds are also known as rollway or folding type beds. This type of bed is usually made of sturdy metal or wood so that it can be folded for easy storage. Sometimes this type of bed comes with rollers in the bottom so that users can easily move anywhere they prefer.
How will I know if my guest bed is durable or not?
Basically, it’s tough to tell just by looking at your guest bed if it’s durable or not. However, based on the warranty or guarantee service you can tell how many years it’ll last. Most guest beds come within 2 to 10 years of warrant supports.
How much should a temporary guest bed cost?
A temporary guest bed should come under $300 to $500 dollars depending on the quality. To enjoy better features and comfort, you want to go with a high costly temporary guest bed.
And that’s all for picking the Best Temporary Guest Bed. You can choose any pick from this list and we are sure you won’t be disappointed. Just make sure you ponder well about what criteria for choosing the right temporary bed is on top of your priority list. Things should be simple and you will be able to make a wise choice that way.