Have you ever faced difficulties while printing 4×6 sized photos on your HP printer? If did and seeking potential solutions, this article is for you. The article will briefly discuss how to print 4×6 photos on HP printer as many people fall in trouble while printing photos in this specific size.
To print a 4×6 photo using Hp printer, at first, place the photo paper properly on the input tray and adjust the paper guides. After that, open the photo from your computer and press Ctrl + P. Finally, click print by setting the paper type to photo paper. Don’t forget to set the paper and photo sizes to 4×6″. Within a few moments, you 4×6 image will be printed.
However, if still your HP printer won’t print 4X6, certainly you’re not following the appropriate procedures or there’s something wrong with your device. Now, I’ll discuss the detailed procedure of printing 4×6 photos on hp printers using both computers and smartphones. So, let’s begin.
Print 4×6 Photos on HP Printer Using a Computer
Printing photos of any specific size on an HP printer requires some steps to follow. They are as follows:
Step 1: Loading the 4 x 6-inch photo papers into the paper tray
- Load photo papers into the input tray of the printer. If there are any plain papers in the tray, remove those. You need to load the short edge of the paper into the tray.
- Which way do you put photo paper in HP printer is important. Remember, the glossy or print side will be faced up or down depending upon the position of the load tray. For example, the glossy side will be faced up for Inkjet printers with a rear load tray and faced down for Inkjet printers with a front load tray. Again, for LaserJet printers with a front load tray, the print side has to be faced up.
- Once you’re done with loading papers, adjust the paper width guides so that they can rest against the paper edges.
Are you looking for a perfect printer for Journaling? Check this out- Best printer for journaling
Step 2: Print the photo
- You can edit the photo before printing to improve the colors, brightness, contrast, and other necessary settings.
- Once you’re done with editing, right-click on the photo and click “Open with” and choose “Windows Photo Viewer” or “Paint”. If you’re using Windows 10, you will have no option except “Paint” as the “Windows Photo Viewer” is replaced with the “Photos” app.
- Select “File” and click on “Print”. The print window opens with general print settings.
- Open the “Document Properties” window to customize photo settings.
- Find and select more print settings for printing 4 x 6 photo papers in the Document Properties window. The menu names and positions may vary from printer to printer.
- You can change the color and quality settings for the best output.
- When you are done with color and quality settings click “OK” and then “Print”. Remember to store the remaining photo papers (if any) safely from the input tray when you’re finished with printing as they may start to curl if left on the tray for days.
I hope, now you have learned how to print photos on Hp printer using computer. If you are having issue printing photos using your smartphone, the below given sections will help you.
Visit this post to grab an affordable wireless printer – Best printer under $100 in 2022
How To Print 4×6 Photos On Hp Printer From Phone?
Many people frequently ask questions on how to print 4×6 photos on hp printer from iPhone or Android phone. The quickest way to print photos from the devices is to use AirPrint and Google Cloud Print for iPhones and Android phones respectively. But, at first, you need to confirm that your all-in-one HP printer supports the app.
If your printer is compatible with Mac AirPrint, make sure it is connected with the same Wi-Fi as your iPhone. Then follow the steps accordingly:
- Go to the Photos app and select the photos that you want to print.
- Tap the “Share” icon and select “Print”.
- Select your HP printer from the list.
- Customize the paper size (4×6 inches) from options.
- Tap to print.
If you want to print photos from Android devices, make sure the wireless printer supports Google Cloud Print. Also, connect both the devices to the same network. Then,
- Go to “settings” of your phone and select “connected device”.
- Select “Printing”.
- Select Google Cloud Printer.
- If you see your printer, you’re ready to print. If don’t, you need to add the printer manually. Tap on “Add Printer” and select your model to add it to Cloud Print.
- Once you’ve added the printer to your phone, select the photos you want to print from the gallery.
- Tap the triple dots on the upper-right side of the screen and choose “Print”.
- Select your printer from the list.
- Change the paper size to 4×6 inches and tap on “Print”.
Tips For Printing High-Quality Photos
- Use HP photo papers for printing photos. They’re optimized for simple inkjet printers and deliver high-quality prints.
- Capture photos in high resolution. Photos taken in higher resolutions are more vibrant and sharper.
- Edit photos before printing. Play with colors, contrast, and brightness to get a better combination.
- Use Best or Max DPI quality while printing. Higher DPI may slow down the printing process and pay you more ink, but they deliver the best quality photos.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to print multiple 4x6 photos on HP printer?
Select the photos you want to print and press the right click button on the mouse. After clicking, you will find the option “Print”. Click this print option to open the printing window. Depending on the number of photos you wanna print, select your preferred template from the options that appear on the right hand side of the window
How to print 5x7 photos on a Hp printer?
Set the photo paper firmly on the input tray of the printer. Choose the 5×7″ photo you want to print. Now, press Ctrl + P and set the paper size and photo size to 5×7. Also, choose the paper type to photo paper. Finally, press print to get your desired printouts.
How to print 4x6 photos on hp envy printer?
To print 4×6 photos on a hp envy printer, use the Paper/Quality tab to select either Photo Tray or regular trays from your paper source drop down menu and then click Advanced in that window. In this setting, choose 10×15cm/4 x 6 inches and press ok. That’s it.
If you’ve come this far, you should know how to print 4×6 photos on HP printer. You can also print 4X6 images on greetings cards to make unique invitation cards whenever you want. Throughout the post, I tried to make you understand things easily. If you are still confused, you can always take help from the internet or HP customer services. Also, feel free to drop questions in the comment section below, if you have any.